If you legally change your name because of marriage, divorce, court order or any other reason, you must tell Social Security so you can get a corrected card. You cannot apply for a card online, you must fill out an application and turn it into the local social security office. This service is free.
This website offers several classes, including Online Co-Parenting Classes, Online High-Conflict Co-Parenting Classes, and other customizable classes for your unique case. They offer a military and low-income discount, and have a flexible schedule (24/7 registration), and have multi-language options (English and Spanish).
When visiting the DMV, you must bring the letter from the Social Security Administration that verifies your name change or your Social Security card displaying your new name. You’ll need to bring in a certified namechange document, such as your marriage license or court order.
If you change your name or move to a new Colorado address, you can update the information on your motor vehicle title. You may have to pay a fee for a new title. You will also register your vehicle when you transfer the title. Visit their Car Registration page for document requirements and fees.
The Children and Families in Transition class is held once a month at the El Paso County Courthouse in Colorado Springs. The class educates parents about the effects of divorce on children and how to reduce conflict to help their kids through the process in a proactive and positive manner. An attorney and mental health professional will facilitate the class and offer guidance, insights and resources.
The Family Support Registry (FSR) is Colorado’s centralized collection and disbursement unit for processing child support and maintenance payments. Federal law requires each state to operate a centralized state disbursement unit. The FSR processes payments for cases being enforced by the various county Child Support Enforcement (CSE) Unit and “Registry Only” orders that are not being enforced by the county CSE Unit.
The 4th Judicial District Homepage is where you can find forms, hours of the courts and clerks, and information you may need. The link above will automatically redirect you to the Colorado Judicial Branch. The self help forms are located on the top menu bar, and all of the forms are organized to help you find the document you need as fast as possible.